Join the Team!
We embrace DevOps values and want to enable our teams to build and ship with a minimal amount of friction. You will be instrumental in the growth and scaling of the Engineering function in Huddle.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Good experience with Java and JVM. Journeyman experience (either professionally or some professional experience after university) in applying knowledge of code style, core readability, design patterns, SOLID design principles, used to code reviews, delivering code covered by tests, able to test and debug your code.
- Good experience dealing with micro-service architectures.
- Comfort working within an agile development cycle and exposure to:
- Git and versioning software
- Build systems, mainly Maven and common build tools.
- Jenkins or similar CI/CD.
- Basic experience with developing application in the Cloud. Experience with OCI or AWS is a plus. Familiarity of using Kubernentes and Docker is a plus.
- Extensive experience with the following technologies:
- SQL and NoSQL databases. Preference to PostgreSQL, being comfortable with SQL is important.
- Messaging Systems; pub-sub with Kafka, less emphasis on queue base systems like JMS or AMQP with RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ but a plus.
- Definition and implementation of REST APIs; JAX-RS, Spring MVC or others.
- External caches, mainly focused on Redis.
- Cluster management tools, main focus on Kubernetes.
The following characteristics would be a plus:
- Relevant business experience in the industry.
- Experience in implementing reactive systems and streams like Reactor or Akka Streams.
- Experience in implementing CQRS/ES systems.
- Experience with functional programming and streams.
Every employee receives an individual education budget per year to gain new knowledge and invest in their development by attending conferences, courses, lectures, and more! In addition to the individual education budget, there is an annual book budget dedicated to buying books the entire team can benefit from.
Since we are an international company, English is the main language we use for communicating. Therefore, we provide English classes to all our employees who are non-native English speakers and who wish to enhance their professional communication skills.
We are building advanced, proprietary data-driven solutions designed to transform the user experience and unlock the true potential of iGaming operators, which means our team members have the opportunity to work on the latest technologies and tools.
With us, you will have the autonomy to select your preferred work location, and we are accommodating with regards to work schedule as well, providing you the flexibility to work from anywhere you desire.
We work across Europe and the US, and enjoy meeting face-to-face in any of our offices so occasional travel to Zagreb, London, Isle of Man or Las Vegas might be on the horizon!
Health benefits of taking a vacation, such as improved productivity, lower stress, and better overall mental health, are just a few out of many reasons why at Huddle we have decided to give all our full-time employees across all our offices the benefit of having 25 days off per year.
Physical activity is an important factor for overall health and well-being, regardless of age, gender or background. Therefore we support our employees in this area as well. We offer different options, based on our employee’s location.
We help our employees to keep their health as a priority number one by covering their regular health checks that help to identify early warning signs of disease or illness. Whether it is an annual health check-up or getting a specialist physical examination at a private clinic, we got it covered.
Whether it is the flu season or you ate something bad, have a headache, or broke your finger while passionately coding, we got you covered, as we offer fully paid sick leave.
And we don’t stop here!
At Huddle, you have the opportunity to recommend a friend for our open roles and build your team together! Refer a friend that would be a great fit for us and earn a referral bonus of 250 – 1500 EUR net depending on seniority.
We will ensure the security of your bicycle or electric scooter while you carry out your work!
Bring your furry, non-biting dog to work. It increases energy and happiness for everyone and the colleagues appreciate the stress relief too!
Help yourself to some breakfast or a snack, whether it’s coffee or tea, fresh organic fruit, nuts or even leftovers from your colleague’s lunch (just don’t get caught for the last one!). It’s available anytime.
The Application process
Apply for Java Backend Engineer
What Huddlers say
“I like working at Huddle because I’m surrounded with a lot of positive and enthusiastic people. The working atmosphere is really encouraging. Huddle really cares about their employees, and supports them in their careers. Everyone knows what they are doing and are trying torn be the best in their field. There are not a lot of distractions so you can really focus on your work to provide the best solution for any problem.”
“I’ve worked with Huddle from the beginning. The culture is great and the company hierarchy means that my voice is always heard. Huddle has provided me with great opportunities to develop my analytical skills; be it coding, mathematics, or analysis. I believe in the product, the vision, and our success.”
Sports Risk Supervisor
“I enjoy learning from colleagues who demonstrate unique competencies. Our Team is constantly improving the quality of service and offerings to clients. When I think about my time at Huddle, I am certain this is a place where I have grown both professionally and personally.”
“The best part of the company are the people from whom you can learn a lot and who are always ready to help. They make the atmosphere at work always positive and inspiring, so coming to work is a real pleasure. Through my work, I’m always learning and expanding my knowledge and problem-solving skills. I feel valued as a team member and am excited to continue to be a part of this dynamic organization”
“I am really grateful for the opportunities I get in Huddle; helping me push my limits, learn and grow as a designer. I am developing my skills through complex problem-solving in safe and friendly environment, all along the support from our furry four-legged colleagues.”